Do you want to be a fashion diva all by yourself? Do you want to surprise your friends? Are you searching for an occasion? Think no more. Grab the opportunity in your own wedding! Yes, you can be your boss by designing your own wedding dress. Who knows your tastes better than you! You are the perfect person to understand what you want in your wedding dress. Be it a conventional design or a unique pattern, you can show your creativity at will. Let us have a quick look at 10 tips to design your own wedding dress.
- Carefully choose the design – Your body type is a key factor which determines what design and shape you will choose for your dress. Give thought in picking up the right design which will suit your body. You surely want to feel comfortable on your big day, don’t you?
- Try to be realistic – It is said that elegance comes with simplicity. While designing your wedding dress, be confident and try to be simple. An uncomplicated approach in designing will make your dress more gorgeous. Moreover, a realistic design will be easier to tackle, if you have less time to prepare.
- Keep in mind the location and climate– It is very important to assess the location of your wedding including the probable weather. Are you going to get married on a beach? Is the location of a dense garden? Are you getting married in the autumn or in spring? These are a crucial point to note down.
- Select a top-class bridal fabric – Please remember that the quality of the garment is the most important factor which determines the comfort level of your dress. Before sewing your dress, make sure you choose a fabric that is among the best in the market.
- Make numerous sketches – Do make sure that you make many sketches before you start sewing your dress. This will make the process of sewing and stitching easy. You will not be confused, and it will save you time.
- Mock-up dress made of muslin is essential – Surely, you don’t want to ruin your wedding dress while sewing and stitching it. Keep a muslin wedding dress ready that can act as a mock-up sample. Use it to experiment and then implement your ‘fits-and-cuts’ to the main wedding dress.
- 7. Don’t hesitate to use embellishments – Make the pattern of your wedding dress more interesting by using embellishments. Doing so will add class to your dress. But be careful not to ruin the fabric.
- Make a comparison of the material costs – Take a little bit of time to compare the prices of different materials that you plan to use to sew your dress. Don’t rush to buy the materials, especially when you are on a tight budget.
- Take quick decisions to implement changes in your dress – The experiments that you do with your mock-up wedding dress need to be sorted and used for the final dress. Be decisive to finalize any probably changes in the patterns and cuts of your dress.
- Be aware of the timing – Plan properly beforehand. Try to avoid hasty work while sewing and stitching your dress. After all, it is not only a dress but also your hard work which will create memories.
You can also get in touch with experts and professionals by surfing through the internet. There can learn about designing clothes by browsing personalizedbykate.com which has a lot of training videos which would help you.